Seminary Journal welcomes the submission of articles for publication. We are a blind, peer-reviewed journal with an 80% acceptance rate. About half the articles in each issue relate to the theme, with the other articles of general interest and related to seminary work. In particular, we are interested in articles on the four pillars of formation: human, spiritual, pastoral and intellectual, and on assessment of student growth. Other topics are welcomed.
Print issues of Seminary Journal are sent to subscribing rectors, seminary libraries, formation directors, seminary faculty, vocation directors, field education coordinators, continuing education of clergy directors, religious houses of formation, ministry formation programs, and bishops. Digital issues of Seminary Journal are made freely available to everyone via this webpage. Institutional subscriptions are available at the rate of $75 per year via PayPal to email@example.com or a check made payable to the publishing house responsible for distribution: En Route Books and Media, 5705 Rhodes Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63109.
We publish three issues a year, in Spring (June), Fall (September) and Winter (December). Themes for 2018 are as follows:
- Spring 2018 – Humanae Vitae – 50 Years Later (submission due date extended through August 1, 2018; publication date October 1, 2018)
- Fall 2018 – The Legacy of Vatican II and of Saint Paul VI (submission due date extended through September 1, 2018; publication date November 1, 2018)
- Winter 2018 – Fides et Ratio – 20 Years Later (submission due date November 1, 2018; publication date February 1, 2019)
Suggestions for 2019 themes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include with your suggested theme a short rationale as to why it would be timely.
Specifications are as follows:
- Generally, 2,500-7,500 words (can be shorter or longer, and can be extended to 10,000 words with permission)
- Use endnotes, not footnotes (Chicago Manual of Style, APA format acceptable for scientific or psychological articles)
- Use Microsoft Word format, 1.5 spaced lines, 1 inch margins
- Place tables and charts in the Word document, and send them as separate files
- Send by email as an attachment to email@example.com
- Include a 1-2 sentence bio and a passport-style color photo or black and white photo of yourself as an attachment. The photo must be scanned or snapped at a high resolution with a plain background.
- On a title page, include title of the article and your contact info: Name, job title, institution, mailing address, phone and email address.
We do not pay authors for writing an article for Seminary Journal, but we hope you will take pleasure in being published in a well-respected Catholic journal. We will mail you a complimentary copy when the issue is printed.
Book Review Guidelines for Seminary Journal
- 500 – 1000 words
- Microsoft Word document, 1.5 spaced lines
- Include the book title, author, publisher, and year of publication at the top of the article
- Include “Reviewed by (your name and job title)” after the book title and info
- Include a 1-2 sentence bio of yourself at the end of the review.
- Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on our latest publications.